Day 2: Word count ~ 1928, and a new character subplot

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

| | |
So I procrastinated again today, but I had a good reason to. Serious!

I have been busy looking for part time work to keep me going financially so that I can save it for something good... such as... well... publishing, maybe? See, told you it was a good reason :)

But I'm still proud. I've clocked in 1928 words today in the last hour. My imagination was on a roll and I didn't even re-read what I had written down yesterday. The most awesome thing is that apart from going past the average word count today, the protagonist of Dreamwalker has just thrown a surprise out of nowhere and made herself quite interesting.

Mira, the character, had started off as a professional working woman, very much the straight up and down 'boss' kind of lady who likes simple lines and bare offices. Anything slightly out of place is a strict no-no. So it's interesting that I've just found out that she is divorced. And not only that, she divorced a man that was very similar to who she is now. And even better, it's almost like the reason she is the way she is, is like a mourning to her lost love, even though she hates him for everything he put her through. Is that not demented? I'm absolutely thrilled with the psychology of it, and hoping that the other characters start to develop some sort of depth and layering. Can't stand a 2D character.

So I'm excited about getting back into writing tomorrow. Can't wait to see what new storyline develops :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment