Day 12: Finding the Gate of Dreams

Friday, November 12, 2010

| | |
In the beginning there was the night, and from the dark was born the light.

After writing 1687 words today, even though I was about to completely crash and burn at 6pm, I am happy I persevered. The last few days have been a bit of a brain-fart really, and it took a lot of work to get the momentum and the motivation to write. Today it seemed like it was ready to all flow. I can only liken it to the feel of breaking a habit or addiction: the first day or week you feel on top of the world, and then the world gets tough and you start thinking of how easy it is just to throw your hands up in the air and forget you ever had the crazy notion of breaking the addiction. And then, if you don't throw in the towel (or you throw it in a little and then take it back just as quickly), you realise there is something beautiful coming up on the horizon. It's not a mirage. The end is in sight. Granted, the end is about 2.5 weeks away, but it's still there.

My characters are moving along well. Mira and Faith are working hard at finding out how to get through the Gate of Dreams to save two different people: one they know and the other is the guy who i keep forgetting to feed. They are yet to meet their nemesis face to face so they don't know how dangerous this dreamwalking can be. I will probably move the rest of the book into new realms now, because the foundation for the real world and the technical ideas are all set up. It just means I can give my imagination some creative freedom for a bit.

And now, I'm going to have some much needed rest. Goodnight!! xx

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love the idea of dreamwalking. Your novel sounds like it's shaping up to have some interesting concepts. It's very creative for sure! Okay, you need to feed that poor guy...I can here him moaning now,lol. :)

Cynthia said...

hahahaha yep, I was thinking of being slightly more evil though with him... considering he's in a cave and all, the delicacies could be a little more frightening... am I twisting my novel into a Stephen King horror?

Post a Comment