Day 17: Daily word count reached

Thursday, November 18, 2010

| | |
I've managed to get back into writing at least 1670 words daily (hitting 1671 today... yay!). Yesterday's writing marathon killed the part of my brain that normally works for creativity, sucking it dry and spitting it out so that I could admire it's disgusting transfiguration. However I kept writing, even though most of it was crap, just to get me past the line.

My villain is shaping up now, and is a very sadistic, cold hearted villain if I may say so myself. Reminding me slightly of the White Witch in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, but much more menacing, I feel the villain has a good point to make. I like those types - the ones you can empathise with and understand how they came to whatever conclusion they have. It makes them human, but also makes you question whether or not you agree with them. One movie that did that brilliantly was Batman Begins, where Ra's Al Ghul and Batman both have the same goal: to cleanse the world of the evil it has created and been corrupted with, and starting fresh. The difference is only in the approach. Ra's Al Ghul wants to destroy Gotham in order to cleanse it of evil, because corruption has gotten to the core of every person there. Batman wants to show them how to save themselves. Who's to say which one is right or wrong?

I'm now realising that I've forgotten to include a whole lot of scenes where two of my characters start to develop an infatuation with each other, which would make the ending that is in my head actually make sense. So I have this sneaking suspicion that I might finish writing early, and quickly go back and include those scenes. I do like them together, though they aren't really together. It's one of those spider web things... will probably have to write it down for my edits.

Now, it's after midnight, and even though I have candles still burning, I may have to blow them out and say goodnight. xx

2 comments:

Laura said...

I had to laugh at your first paragraph. My brain is starting to feel like that too,lol.
Nice job on getting back on track. Only 13 days left. *sigh*
Nice bit about the villain. I'll need to see that movie now. :)

Cynthia said...

I am sooooo bad. Sorry for not replying before. I've been looking for a new job and getting things sorted for basically a new start. But I will persevere... I hope you're doing well!! x

Post a Comment