Day 11: Back on track and gearing to go.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

| | |
Today's word count: 1680. Back on track, and if I continue the way I'm going, I'll be able to finish by Nov 29. According to the stats on Nanowrimo, anyway.

Thanks to Laura for reminding me that one of my main characters should actually have some sort of sustenance if he's stuck in a cave. He has finally received that sustenance - a lovely steak pie and chips. Of course there are some set backs in taking advantage of this offer. He's going to learn a big lesson in trust.

My other main character, Mira, has found out that the spirit of someone in a coma has entered her dreams. Or has she entered theirs? Or is it even a dream?

I found some references to the Gates of Dreams and of Death, suggesting that they are the same gates. I wonder if this will feature strongly in later parts of the novel. I feel they will, because the idea of death being an entry point into a dreamscape is fascinating to me. The thing I would like to know is who pulls the strings in the dreamscape? Is it an individual thing, or is there someone behind the scenes? Will we see the wizard or will we be terrified by his hologram image?

Till then xx

3 comments:

Laura said...

Whew! So happy he has gotten some food now,lol. I wonder what he had to give up in return?
If you find out that someone or something is behind the scenes of our dreams, can you ask him why he can't put Viggo Mortensen in more of mine?
Great job on the word count today!
What's your NaNoWriMo username? I want to add you as a buddy.

Cynthia said...

Thank you! But I am evil aren't i? I didn't want to give him a conditional meal, and yet it just wanted to be written. Might let you know later when I find out what the condition was :)

My username - I probably should add it into my profile - is Cynthiness08.

Laura said...

Got it! I added you as a buddy! You are catching up to me on your word count! I see us both being winners!!

Post a Comment