Day 18: Enjoying the process

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

| | |
So I've begun again. I really, really want to start from the beginning again, but I'm trying not to. I've figured out a better villain, a better way of executing the story... and yet I did say I was going to finish this 'zero' draft. Oh well. I have 12 days and then I can start the entire process again!

The beauty of coming back to the novel is that in the time that I've been working on my own issues and work problems, I've seen some beautiful things that I can now include in it. The snow has set in at the Lake District, so what was once green and brown is now completely white. All the trees are bare and the other night a lovely fog came in. You couldn't see for more than a metre in front of you. It was just stunning, albeit cold.

I've written about 1000 words more so far, and I know I have to catch up a lot more. My plan is to wait until my flatmates aren't in. They are great and really supportive but I can't seem to concentrate while they are in. It doesn't help that they have bought some great movies I've yet to see (and really want to as well!), or that I need to clean my room a little and get rid of the excess so that I can really get focused. I would love a proper writing place, but there's no room. So hopefully in the next few days I'll really get up to date and power on through.

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment